Feel Safe, Call Teal

0333 987 4320



The SRA Transparency Rules – Is your website compliant?

The SRA Transparency Rules (the Rules) came into force back in December 2018.  The Rules require firms to publish price and service information if they publish that they work in the following areas:

Residential conveyancing

Probate (uncontested)

Motoring offences (summary offences)

Immigration (excluding asylum)

Employment tribunals (unfair/wrongful dismissal)

Debt recovery (up to £100,000)

Licensing applications (business premises)

If your firm doesn’t have a website, you must still have this information available upon request in other formats.

In addition, the Rules require firms to publish details of their complaints procedure on their website and, from 25 November 2019, firms were also required to display the SRA’s digital logo in a prominent place on their website.

In early 2019, the SRA commenced a programme of random sweeps of firm websites to monitor on-going compliance with the Rules.  Following this work, the SRA reported that only 25% of firms were fully compliant with the Rules.  Of the remaining 75%, 58% were partially compliant and 17% were not compliant with the Rules at all. In March 2020 following a second sweep, we have seen a number of firms receiving notices from the SRA of

non-compliance – so it is clear that the SRA is taking compliance extremely seriously.

We know that finding time to deal with new regulations such as the Transparency Rules – which can require considerable work to achieve compliance – can be challenging, especially when the compliance landscape is continually changing.  Teal is therefore offering a website review service for firms to provide support.  We provide guidance on whether we consider your website is compliant with the Rules and can assist with any remedial action needed. We can also provide guidance and assistance if you’ve received an SRA Notice informing you of non-compliance and directing you to take remedial action. 

Please contact hello@tealcompliance.com for further details

if you’d like to know more or if we can assist.


in touch

If you would like to find out more about how Teal Compliance and our expert Associates can help with your compliance requirements, we would love to hear from you. Send us your enquiry and we’ll be in touch.

​Feel Safe, Call Teal 0333 987 4320